Thursday, March 10, 2011

Around my house

I added a new page with a few shots of things around my house that I love.
I have lots more crammed into this 300 sq ft apartment.
I'll post pictures of it eventually.
It's really hard to photograph interiors and have it look the way you want, huh??
especially with my little point and shoot camera.

so maybe each week I'll point out something different "around my house" and tell you how or why I did it.
today I'll start with one of my favorite, cheapest things ever.
AND something I thought of entirely on my own.  no pinterest help here.

electrical tape.
cheap, stretchy, and doesn't leave residue on walls.

paint chips.
FREE. colorful. abundant. and now coming in different shapes and sizes.

I cut the electrical tape in kind of jagged lines, over lapped where needed, and swirled where I felt necessary. added some leaf shaped paint samples.  (side note- I am also addicted to paint samples. In college studying interior decorating I could always justify taking hundreds because I'd need it for a project.  But I can't stop.  I even brought a bag full with me to Grenada.) I have lots of "projects" I've worked on using paint samples.  I'll do a post about it soon.

I am SO happy with the way my little branch came out.
It's branching out from my window. like nature creeping its way in.
I should take a better picture of it.

HELP! how do you photograph your home?? tips on time of day or lighting to use??

3 comments:

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

Seriously tape? I'm so impressed!
Looks fantastic :)

Laura Everyday Edits said...

Love this! It matches my new quilt for my soon to be new bedroom reveal... laura@imnotatrophywife.com

Kim said...

Never would have known it was electrical tape. Great idea! I love your blog. I'm your newest follower. Stop by sometime!
xoxo,
Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...